COVID-19 Film Camp Directives
The Academy of Cinematic Arts is excited to offer Acting for Film, Screenwriting, and Filmmaking Camps in June. Following Governor Mike DeWine’s summer camp directives, we have put the following measures in place to ensure the safety of both our campers and staff.
- Entry into the building will be limited to campers and staff.
- Hygiene reminders will be given throughout the camp experience.
- Extra hand washing/sanitizer stations will be set up in all rooms.
- Bathrooms will be limited to one camper at a time.
- Small groups will remain together throughout the camp.
- In both large and small group settings, campers will be socially distanced 6+ feet apart. Although safely distanced, campers are encouraged to wear face masks.
- Face masks are mandatory for staff. Campers are required to wear masks when social distancing cannot be maintained (i.e. filming, acting, etc.). Campers are encouraged to write scripts that allow for social distancing.
- If weather allows, small group work for brainstorming and development will be held outside under the pavilion with social distancing.
- Campers should limit the use of personal items from home during camp. Packed lunches should be stored in a lunch box or small backpack to be kept separately in the community room. There will be no Friday pizza party this year.
- High-touch surfaces and program equipment will be disinfected each day after camp.
- We will put all films on the Academy’s Vimeo channel for families to enjoy at home.